Friday, May 4, 2018

About Me





 A few things you should know ... 

and a few that don't matter so much.


     My name is Kelly. 

    I'm not a blogger.
    That's probably not good to say off the bat.

Don't lose faith just yet. --  I am a writer.
I'm attempting to navigate this platform to share what's on my  heart. I hope to give an honest, relatable and encouraging view of my journey to find balance and joy in motherhood, marriage, homemaking and life.  

I believe God gave me this art; this voice of ink, to be used and over the years I've stepped away from newspaper and magazines to devote myself to being a mom. Words always remain a passion of mine.

Blame Rachel Hollis and her book, Girl, Wash Your Face, for pushing me out of my comfort zone and onto this platform. If you're looking for a fancy, formal blog - this won't be it. But I'll press on.

P.S. Go read that book, or better yet get it on Audible and let her read it to you.


Photo on Right by Capturing Me Photography
Back to basics: 

I fell in love when I was a kid. 
He's a hardworking country boy. 
I'm a creative-minded, indoorsy girl. 

I often think we shouldn't work together but we really do. 
We balance each other and our friendship that started in our church's youth group gave us a solid foundation. 

I liked him so much I married him twice, the first when I was 20 and again 10 years later.

Together we have three boys and a big German Shepherd.

Photo by Capturing Me Photography
I'm a total boy mom. 
I embrace it now after three bouts of gender disappointment. 
They're wild and difficult and amazing. 

It's hard to keep bandaids in stock. I've had so many frogs brought through my front door but so many flowers too. 


I get donned the role of Wonder Woman quite often in their imaginative play. 
We are big superhero fans. Green Lantern and Batman are a couple of my favorites aside from WW of course.

I'm in a never ending pursuit of health. 
I make some amazing cupcakes but I'm currently on a keto diet so I can't enjoy them. 
I'm also dairy free, not by choice (insert sad emoji face here.)
I practice yoga, zumba and lift heavy things weekly.

In that same pursuit of health I consume podcasts, documentaries and audiobooks often. Subjects range from fitness, minimalism, motherhood, cleaning, organizing, marriage and scripture based advice on life. 

Photo by Capturing Me Photography


I love a good red lip though I'm not always bold enough to wear it. To embrace my fair skin and black hair I liked to relate myself to Snow White. That was until my life was dealt three boys. Now I definitely need to channel Wonder Woman.

I love a theme. For a party, a date, a random day, I'll take a theme and run with it. Halloween is a big deal at my house too.

Impractical Jokers is my favorite show on tv. It never fails to make me laugh out loud. Sal is my favorite. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and find it on TruTv.

I'm an introvert. I'll say that since I'm already running out of anything that may be considered a fun fact. And just so you know how much I'm stepping in faith here.

So to recap: Woman. Writer. Wife. Boy Mom. Pursuing health, balance and happiness. Believing the world could use some more honesty, encouragement, love and laughter.

Follow along on Instagram for a closer look at the day to day @kel_gfields

 For more information on my amazing photographer visit https://www.capturingmephotography.com/ or the Facebook page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment