Thursday, May 24, 2018

Teacher Gifts

Keep it simple, Sister! 



I'll be quick. I want to get this out to inspire any fellow procrastinators still looking for ideas for an end of the year teacher gift...

Can you imagine the number of coffee mugs & tumblers a teacher might acquire throughout their career?

I'm guilty of giving the old standby. They're cute, easy; stick in a gift card, candy or a note and you're done.

I'm not great at math and pressed for time so I won't break down the coffee mug equation but it could be a lot. 

My newfound enlightenment toward minimalism steers me away from the mugs, even if I linger in the isle admiring the lovely floral monograms and sassy sayings.

I put together a simple offering this year. 


A trial size bag of mineral bath soak that claims to ease aches & pains. My boys teachers deserve to relax! Who knows if they'll like them. Maybe it's not the way they like to unwind. But it's worth a try for under a dollar.

That along with a handwritten note to hold a giftcard for a "treat." All done.


I decided on Strada Caffe for the giftcard. I only recently visited with fellow East Texas Moms Blog contributors and fell in love with the atmosphere and options. 

It's just a lovely spot, far from Target so it's somewhat out of the way... but lovely all the same. They have coffee, tea, craft beer, pastries, savory dishes and more - plenty of options. With so much variety it will be easy for four different women to find something they each enjoy at one place. 

And all I had to do to get the giftcard was make a trip through the drive thru ... Oh, me and drive thrus you guys, that's how we get stuff done!

Why I love it:
-Simple/Consumable 
-Supports Small/Local

If your kids had a great teacher this year, whether or not you do teacher gifts, remember to thank them in the midst of end-of-year chaos. I hear over and over from my teacher friends that handwritten notes of appreciation are their favorite gifts. Simple thanks means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment